I saw a version of this in Craft stamper so I had a go.I used ten second studio appletini and plum metals.The dies and stamps were from paper artsy.You make a sandwich of metal humungo tape and card and cut out.Sadly my wiazrd seemed to jib at this sandwich and I had to cut most of it my hand following the lines.I have since found a paper backing to cut much better.Anyway I stamped it all with gold stazon using a variety of the paper artsy stamps.I was very please with the result even if the edges were a littly wonky.I cant get enough of these dies and stamps.
Sunday, 26 December 2010
I made this card for my mum.I cut layers of metal sandwiched with paper using humungo tape using a poinsettia nestability.I know you should use card but I can,t get my wizard to cut right through.I stamped and shaped the pieces.Then I edged it with a ten second studio wheel tool.Really liked this
These were for a very special swap.I used the ooze method through a very open ironed mat of angelina fibres.This was the thick glitterati type not the fine stuff.I just loved how they turned out.I used a jigsaw cutter from Liz Welch.Its really fantastic.
Tuesday, 14 December 2010
Monday, 13 September 2010
Monday, 19 July 2010
Saturday, 5 June 2010
I was doing a swap called glittered inchies and made these from metal.My 1 inch punch cut most of them easily as long as the embossing wasnt too thick.What a great way to use up bits.They are all moulded onto moulds and I really liked using small parts of a mould.
Here is the inside-I stamped on various colours leaving them as wispy as I could.the lining is done with a cuttlebug folder
This is the front of my angelina project.I have fused the fibers into sheets and cut out little corners for embellishments.I have tried to use the angelina in as many different ways as I can
I have just made these by hand.The use of embossing folders seems to give brilliant results which are very sharp butI felt like being more creative.Being naturally untidy I find this incredibly difficult but at last I feel I have managed to get a resonable result.I think I have been over resining before.
Monday, 1 March 2010
I Spread gesso quite heavily over the Vilene using a brush. Then I drew a motif on the surface with the kebab stick.I sprayed with some radiant rain.I was meant to paint the lines with ink which dry to a pale grey,having nothing suitable I used a silver sharpie.I added extra paint and edgings and was then ready to create 3 ATCs.
I think I deviated from the instructions after this as I used one piece as a background and one kite shape for another and lots of circles for the last one.I think I was meant to use just 3 slices one on each ATC.
Saturday, 6 February 2010
Wednesday, 13 January 2010
The old was the stamp which I love.The new was some christmas tissue paper.I decided to make some caught in crystal with polished pigments.Anyway then i made a frame with grungeboard and painted it with ferro and cosmic shimmer paints.The final touch was an embellishment.I hope Annie likes it.
A friend of mine came to art class with her offering from a course she did.I thought I would have a go at something abstract having all the required craft materials in my cupboard at home.I am so glad I had a go as I really really like this.It is coloured with starburst stains and mica inks.I used a variety of gels and tissuse papers and some silver beads and embossing powders.